Our tax department offers a full-service tax practice, assisting clients in matters involving:
- Share acquisitions or sales, mainly for industrial or operational clients but also in the context of LBOs (structuring, tax audits, reps’ and warranties, tax consolidation, thin capitalization, holding companies, etc.);
- Mergers, contributions of assets, demergers and other group reorganizations;
- Structuring commercial transactions and inbound and outbound profit flows (dividends, interest, royalties) notably in cross-border transactions (withholding taxes, transfer pricing, permanent establishments, VAT);
- International employees and management mobility (tax residence, expatriation, impatriation) and employee compensation schemes (management packages, stock options, free shares or similar instruments);
- Real estate investments in France realized by non-French tax residents (SCIs);
- Personal asset reorganizations and tax planning (donations, wealth tax, etc.);
- Tax treatment of not-for-profit organizations (associations, foundations or fonds de dotation) and tax analysis of foreign entities (trusts or stichtings);
- Relationship with the tax authorities (tax audits, litigation, rulings, administrative approvals) and litigations before French courts.
Our team approach including, with non-tax lawyers and our constant dedication to creating and maintaining individualized, close working relationships with our clients and ensuring that they understand the tax advice they receive allows us to explain and resolve tax issues in layman’s terms and to suggest customized, pragmatic and efficient solutions.