Restructuring & Insolvency
We assist our French and foreign clients in all special and distressed situations, including groups of companies, debtors, shareholders, creditors, and investment funds.
We have a deep knowledge of cross-border insolvencies, with a particular expertise in sensitive industrial reorganizations.
Our practice covers the main areas of insolvency-related matters, including:
- Pre-insolvency proceedings, including mediation, conciliation and appearance before French competent authorities including the Governmental committee for restructurings (CIRI);
- Formal insolvency proceedings: safeguard, accelerated (financial) safeguard, reorganization and liquidation proceedings;
- Distressed M&A (buy-side and sell-side, including conciliation, prepack transactions and sale plans);
- Preparation and negotiation of restructuring plans, including safeguard and continuation plans;
- Debt restructuring (senior, junior, bondholders, high yield);
- Assistance to investment funds, including hedge, private equity, venture capital, debt, turnaround and special situations funds; and
- Representation of management and shareholders in liability claims (lender liability, mismanagement claims, and fraudulent conveyance).