Employment relations and labour law
The strong expertise developed by our labour law team enables it to assist clients in structuring and optimizing employer-employee relationships and to represent employers on a growing number of increasingly complex disputes.
Our lawyers have in-depth experience and their assistance covers all areas of employment relations and labour law, including:
- Assisting major international players established abroad in the start of their operations in France: drafting and review of employment contracts, assistance on mandatory labour law rules relating to employee representation, health and safety, labour protection, employee profit-sharing, forming and managing employee representative bodies, etc.;
- Assisting French companies in their day-to-day employment matters, from internal human resources policies (recruitments, appraisals, authorized leaves, training, pension and retirement schemes, compensation policies: bonus schemes, profit-sharing and incentive plans, savings plans, executives’ manager employment rights, protected employees’ rights, working hours) to mass redundancy schemes, individual dismissal procedures, negotiated departures and settlement agreements;
- Assisting French companies with cross-border activities in connection with transfer and expatriation of employees and assisting and representing foreign companies in the secondment of employees in France;
- Giving advice in connection with complex French and international transactions, including outsourcing and subcontracting issues;
- Labour disputes before labour relations tribunals as well as disputes in connection with the appointment and election of labour representatives before civil courts.
We assist and represent clients from a broad range of industries, including the automotive and aerospace industries, biotechnology industry, the oil and gas sectors, entertainment, fashion industries, specialized consumer retail, service companies, agro-industry and conversion, banking and financial services, etc.