Employment relations and labour law
Our employment team has developed a strong expertise assisting clients in structuring and optimizing employer-employee relationships and representing employers in complex disputes.
Our attorneys have in-depth experience and cover all areas of employment relations and employment law, including:
- Assisting major international undertakings in kick-starting operations in France: drafting and review of employment contracts, assistance on mandatory labour law rules relating to employee representation, health and safety, labour protection, employee profit-sharing, forming and managing employee representative bodies, etc.;
- Assisting French companies in their employment matters, whether internal human resources policies (recruitments, appraisals, authorized leaves, training, pension and retirement schemes, compensation policies: bonus schemes, profit-sharing and incentive plans, savings plans, executives’ manager employment rights, protected employees’ rights, working hours), or mass redundancy schemes, individual dismissal procedures, negotiated departures and settlement agreements;
- Assisting French companies with cross-border activities in connection with transfer and expatriation of employees and assisting and representing foreign companies in the secondment of employees in France;
- Rendering advice in connection with complex French and international transactions, including outsourcing and subcontracting issues;
- Conducting all employment disputes before labour tribunals as well as disputes in connection with the appointment and election of labour representatives before civil courts.
Here again, clients come from a broad range of sectors, including aerospace and automotive industries, biotechnology industry, the oil and gas sectors and renewable energies, TV and entertainment, luxury goods and cosmetics, information technologies and security, mass distribution, agro-industry, banking and financial services, travel and tourism, sports and leisure, etc.