Competition & Distribution
Our competition and distribution team is very active across all economic sectors. Our lawyers handle merger control, antitrust issues, state aids and more particularly:
- Advice and assistance in relation to merger control transactions (acquisitions, joint ventures): merger control notifications before French and EU competition authorities; coordination of multi-jurisdictional merger control notifications, in coordination with specialist foreign correspondents;
- Advice and assistance in connection with investigations and procedures involving competition law (such as cartels, concerted practices, and abuses of dominant position) initiated by French or EU competition authorities, as well as disputes brought before French courts dealing with competition-related issues (including in relation to unfair competition and restrictive practices);
- Advice and assistance in the implementation of industrial and commercial joint ventures in France and in an international context; drafting and negotiation of distribution, cooperation, license, technology transfer, as well as research and development agreements;
- Advice and assistance relating to the creation, implementation and management of distribution networks and related contractual documentation;
- Advice and assistance with respect to compliance of commercial practices with specific regulations regarding, notably, pricing policies, illegal and abusive practices, the termination of commercial relations, as well as unfair competition, consumer protection and advertising; and
- Advice and assistance relating to financing involving state aid elements.