Member of the Paris Bar
Laurent Assaya started his career with Gide Loyrette Nouel before joining Fried Frank Harris Shriver Jacobson in 1997. Between 2008 and 2017, he was in charge of the restructuring practice of the Paris office of Jones Day.
Laurent Assaya is an expert in pre-insolvency proceedings (mandat ad hoc and conciliation) and formal insolvency proceedings. He has a strong corporate background (included distressed M&A). Known for his international experience and active in special situations, he is regularly involved in complex restructuring operations in France and abroad.
His clients include groups of companies, debtors, creditors and investment funds.
He is a member of ARE (Association pour le Retournement des Entreprises).
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 : Recognized in Dispute Resolution : Commercial Litigation and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chambers and Partners Europe 2023: Individually recognized in Corporate/M&A: Mid Market – Band 1, and in Restructuring/Insolvency
- Chambers and Partners Europe 2022: Individually recognized in Corporate/M&A: Mid Market – Band 1, and in Restructuring/Insolvency
- Legal 500 EMEA 2021: Recognized in Insolvency
- Best Lawyers since 2020: Recognized in Insolvency and Reorganization law
- Décideurs – Leaders league France Restructuring – Advising mid-cap companies and their shareholders 2021: “Incontournable“