Member of the Bordeaux Bar
Jean joined Vivien & Associés in 2020 and heads the Bordeaux office of the firm. He previously worked at Mallesons Stephen Jaques (Sydney and Bangkok) and Bredin Prat where he became Partner in 2000.
Jean specializes in mergers and acquisitions, particularly in cross border transactions. He has developed specific skills in the resolution of shareholders litigation through negotiation. He is involved in a vast area of industrial and services activities with a specific focus in the film industry and wine law.
He regularly defends clients at the investigation stage and before the French criminal courts.
Jean also leads public speaking workshops at Kedge Business School and INSEEC.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 : Recognized in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chambers 2023: Recognized in Corporate/M&A: Mid Market – Band 1
- Chambers 2022: Recognized in Corporate/M&A: Mid Market – Band 1
- Legal 500 EMEA 2021: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Décideurs – Leaders League 2021: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions
Jean is the author of several books including Un juge face aux Khmers rouges with International investigating judge Marcel Lemonde (Seuil, 2013).