Member of the Paris Bar
Jean-Luc joined Vivien & Associés in September 2019 after 10 years as partner at Dentons and 12 years at Lefévre Pelletier. He represents French and international companies and investment funds on mergers & acquisitions, restructuring and equity transactions. He has an established reputation in private equity both in France and in Africa. He is the author of the “Guide du Private Equity” published by Option Finance in 2016 and co-editor of the “Livre Blanc du Capital-investissement en Afrique” published by France Invest in 2017.
Jean-Luc has been actively involved in humanitarian programs in France, and in 1995 founded the NGO Droits d’Urgence, the largest French NGO (50 employees, 400 volunteers) to provide access to justice for the disadvantaged. Jean-Luc chaired Droits d’Urgence for about ten years.
He is a regular speaker at international conferences, and since 2016 has been instrumental in the establishment of the Paris Conference of the International Economic Forum of the Americas. Each year, the Forum brings together nearly 10,000 participants and 500 speakers at its conferences in Montreal, Toronto, Miami and Paris. These conferences promote the exchange of views and perspectives on pressing economic issues of our times among world leaders, renowned experts and business executives and offer participants a privileged opportunity for dialogue and analysis.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Best Lawyers since 2012: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions and in Corporate law
- Décideurs – Leaders League 2020: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions
- “Livre Blanc du Capital-investissement en Afrique“, Co-author, France Invest, 2017
- “Private Equity/LBO Guide”, Editor and author, Option Finance, 2016
- “Un droit des sociétés rénové pour les 17 pays membres de l’OHADA”, in collaboration with Ramin Hariri and Vincent Lacombe, Capital Finance, 2014