Member of the Paris Bar
Jean-Luc is a lawyer at the Paris Bar since 1984, graduated from Harvard Law School and holds a doctorate in law (Paris-Assas). He represents French and international companies and investment funds on mergers & acquisitions, restructuring and equity transactions.
Jean-Luc joined Vivien & Associés in September 2019 after 35 years as partner at international lawfirms (White & Case, Slaughter & May, Dentons, and Lefévre Pelletier).
He has an established reputation in private equity both in France and in Africa. He is the author of the “Guide du Private Equity” published by Option Finance in 2016, and co-editor of the “Livre Blanc du Capital-investissement en Afrique” published by France Invest in 2017.
Jean-Luc has been actively involved in humanitarian programs in France, and in 1995 founded the NGO Droits d’Urgence, the largest French NGO (50 employees, 400 volunteers) to provide access to justice for the disadvantaged. Jean-Luc chaired Droits d’Urgence for about ten years. He is a member of the Boards of the American NGO PILnet and the Break Poverty Foundation.
He is a regular speaker at international conferences, and since 2016 has been instrumental in the establishment of the Paris Conference of the International Economic Forum of the Americas.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 : Recognized in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chambers 2023: Recognized in Corporate/M&A: Mid Market – Band 1
- Chambers 2022: Recognized in Corporate/M&A: Mid Market – Band 1
- Legal 500 EMEA 2021: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Best Lawyers since 2012: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions and in Corporate law
- Décideurs – Leaders League 2021: Recognized in Mergers & Acquisitions
- “Livre Blanc du Capital-investissement en Afrique“, Co-author, France Invest, 2017
- “Private Equity/LBO Guide”, Editor and author, Option Finance, 2016
- “Un droit des sociétés rénové pour les 17 pays membres de l’OHADA”, in collaboration with Ramin Hariri and Vincent Lacombe, Capital Finance, 2014